LLPC provides compassionate support by empowering those at risk or impacted by unplanned pregnancy.
We seek to provide compassionate services for responsible sexual values and alternatives to abortion in the southeastern North Carolina counties of Pender, Brunswick, and New Hanover. Our desire is to educate and provide accurate information to all individuals we come in contact with. We do this by providing free pregnancy testing and limited ultrasound scans, on-going mentoring through client programs such as an “earn while you learn” and an abortion recovery program. We offer referrals and information on medical care, Medicaid for pregnant women, maternity homes, and adoption.
PRINCIPLES OF SERVICE:
- Services promote life-affirming choices for pregnancy and sexuality.
- Services are presented in a loving, caring, non-judgmental manner.
- Services are presented to people of all races, cultures and creeds.
- Services are free and confidential.
- Services promote abstinence as the positive life choice for unmarried persons.
VALUES EMBODIED IN OUR PROGRAMS:
- Sanctity of every human life
- Chastity (abstinence outside of marriage; faithfulness within marriage)
- Marriage and family
- Personal responsibility/accountability
- Dignity of work
- Knowledge and wisdom
- Prayer and dependence on God
These values are rooted in and flow from the Christian faith of the Board of Directors, the staff and the volunteers.